page last edited on 11 September 2017
This section contains tutorials on the basic store installation and configuration issues.
X-Cart Beginner’s Guide can help you if you wonder how to get started and are worried about forgetting the key steps on the way to your first sale. The Beginner’s Guide covers all the necessary tutorials from choosing a proper hosting to promoting your store and adding extra sale channels.
If you are considering moving to X-Cart from another platform use our migrtion tutorials:
- Getting started with store migration
- Migration from X-Cart 4 to X-Cart 5
- Migration from Litecommerce 3 to X-Cart 5
You can also contact our Team for help.
Upgrade, Backup, Restore, Relocate
- Upgrading X-Cart 5
- How to Back Up and Restore the Site
- Moving X-Cart to another location
- Changing the admin panel URL (X-Cart 5.2.7+)
- Restoring your store with the Snapshots feature
Configuration and Maintenance
- Configuring your store’s General settings
- X-Cart Store Security
- Specifying your company’s identity and contact information
- Email notifications: setup and maintenance
- Enabling Catalog mode (no “Add to cart” buttons)
- Сonfiguring the storefront options
- Сonfiguring your server to run scheduled X-Cart tasks
- Configuring background job queue
- What to do if your store says «We are deploying new changes» and you cannot access it
- Inaccessible Admin area after enabling HTTPS
- How to password protect access to your X-Cart
- Getting compliant with the EU Cookie Law
- Getting compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.