X-Cart Service Screen
page last edited on 25 November 2019
One of the improvements of the Admin area tools introduced in X-Cart 5.4.x is a separate environment (Service Screen) for the management of the software core’s and addons’ updates and upgrades. Such an environment was created to ensure the overall store security and stability especially during the core and/or addon updates installation. Provided the software upgrades and addons’ installations, deletions, and updates are separated from the rest of the store functionality, a store admin can check the Admin area and storefront functioning in a new window right after the changes have been applied, and can roll back the updates safely and easily in case of any malfunction.
To access the Service Screen environment a store admin should click on the My addons link in the main menu of the Admin area. This opens a special environment out of the Admin area where it is possible to install new and manage existing addons, as well as apply minor amd major software upgrades. By default, the new screen is displayed in the same tab your store Admin area was opened in.
To return to the Admin area or open the storefront use the corresponding links at the top of the page. The Admin area will be opened in the same tab, while the storefront - in a new one.
The main menu of the Upgrade System screen consists of a search bar and 5 section:
- All Addons : This section is a room for X-Cart App Store where you can find and buy new addons for your store.
- Templates : This section displays all templates available in the X-Cart App Store.
- My Addons (opened by default by a click from the Admin area) : This section displays all addons installed in your store, both enabled and disbled, including any custom addons ordered with X-Cart WebDev.
- Purchases : This section contains a list of purchased addons with a possibility to install them.
- Updates & Upgrades : This section displays the minor and major upgrades available for the software core and addons.
The 2 sections that you will most frequently use when working with your store are My Addons and Updates & Upgrades.
The search bar allows finding a necessary addon by name through all the sections. Some of the addons require an exact matching to be found, so if no results are diplayed check for any typos in the addon name.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.