Changing the 'Terms and Conditions' Page
page last edited on 30 September 2016
The Terms and conditions page is added in X-Cart 5 as part of the Simple CMS module:
When this module is installed and enabled, you store site’s footer contains a link to your store’s Terms & Conditions page:
Click on this link and you will see our dummy text for this page:
To replace this text with your own Terms and conditions:
- In your stores Admin area, go to the Pages section (Content > Pages):
- In the pages list, locate the entry for the Terms and condition page:
- Click on the page name (“Terms and conditions”). The page will be opened for editing:
- Edit the page details and content as you require.
- Click Save or Save & Close at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
The availability of the Terms and conditions page to store visitrs can be controlled using the On/Off switch:
To disable/re-enable the Terms and conditions page:
- Click on the On/Off switch icon for this page to choose the desired page state (green = enabled, grey = disabled).
- Click the Save changes button.
If you do not want to use X-Cart’s Terms and conditions page at all, you can delete it:
- In the Pages section (Content > Pages), click on the Trash icon opposite the Terms and conditions page: The page will be marked for deletion.
- Click Save changes. The page will be removed.
If you do not like that the Terms & Conditions page link is displayed in the site’s footer, you can disable the link from the Footer menu. The link will be removed from the site footer, but your customers will still be able to access the page via a direct link which you can place anywhere on your site.
To hide the Terms & Conditions page link from the Footer menu:
- Go to the Menus page (Content > Menus) and select the Footer menu tab:
- Locate the Info links menu and click on the items included in it. You’ll be redirected to the Info links menu page.
- Locate the Terms and conditions line and switch off the page link by clicking the respective On/Off icon next to it (the icon should turn grey):
- Click Save changes.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.