Step 3: Migration checklist
page last edited on 21 May 2019
This is a basic checklist to make sure everything is migrated correctly and your store is ready to go live. Go through it and make sure that each functionality works properly.
- You can create a product, category, and user in the admin area;
- You can edit orders according to your needs;
- Home, category and product pages look properly in store-front;
- Search section in storefront can find the correct products;
- Customers can create new accounts and existing customers can log in using their passwords;
- Shipping methods are calculated properly on the checkout:
- If you use online shipping calculators, make sure their credentials are filled in in Store setup > Shipping section;
- If you use different shipping rates for different destination zones, make sure that right shipping rates are applied to right zones in the same Store setup > Shipping section;
- Payment methods are configured and can accept payments;
- All static pages are displayed properly and display the right content;
- All orders are migrated and up to date;
- Contact information is properly populated in Store Setup > Contact information section;
- If you want to use SMTP server for email notifications, set it up in the Store setup > Email notifications > E-Mail transfer settings section;
- Migration Wizard does not transfer existing Gift Certificates and Testimonials. Make sure you have copied them from the X-Cart 4 store manually;
- Migration Wizard does not transfer any sales taxes or tax classes. Make sure you have configured them manually. (If you don’t see Sales Tax line in Taxes section - install free addons ‘Sales Tax’ and ‘VAT Tax’ via the ‘My Addons’ section);
- Make sure you filled in SEO information in the Store setup > SEO settings section in the admin area.
The points above are required to check before switching your existing store with X-Cart 5, but they are not limited to them. You may need to check other parts of the store depending on what functionality is heavily used by your clients.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.