Value Added Tax / Goods and Services Tax
page last edited on 25 June 2018
The addon Value Added Tax / Goods and Services Tax should be used for tax setup when it’s necessary to charge customers a value added tax (VAT) or a goods and services tax (GST).
This addon is designed specially for businesses in the UK, EU, Australia and other countries where an ability to charge VAT / GST is a must. The addon allows you to use different tax rates based on the membership level and address of the customer. It also supports tax exemption based on customer’s VAT ID.
Note that we have a special addon for Canadian taxes.
To start using the addon “Value Added Tax / Goods and Services Tax”, ensure that it is installed and enabled in your store.
Please find below some guidance on how to set up and enable VAT / GST calculation using the addon “Value Added Tax / Goods and Services Tax” for X-Cart 5.
- Configuring VAT / GST (for the UK, EU, Australia, etc.)
- Setting up Your VAT / GST Tax Rates
- Setting VAT on Shipping Charges
- Configuring VAT Exemption
- Examples of VAT Setup
A video tutorial is also available:
* The video is based on an older version of the addon, so be prepared to find a few differences in the user interface; however, the general idea is the same.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.