page last edited on 16 September 2020
If your site has adult material such as alcohol, tobacco, etc., you need to filter visitors to allow access to the site content to users of age only. The Age Verification Popup add-on can serve you here. When enabled and set up, this addon displays an age verification pop-up in a storefront for every not logged-in customer and does not allow underaged customers to view the site content.
To install the add-on follow the instructions from Installing Addons from the X-Cart App Store.
When installed, proceed to the add-on settings page by clicking the Settings link:
You will see a page like this:
The settings of the Age Verification Popup add-on are divided into 3 sections:
The settings of this section allow a store admin to configure the texts of the buttons and descriptions in the age verification form.
- Title : Use this field to specify the form title. If necessary the field allows using images and video files.
- Description : Use this field to explain your customers why you need to collect personal data from them.
- Deny message : Use this field to specify a message that the site visitors will see in case of a denied access to your site.
- URL away : Specify the URL you site will redirect visitors in case of a denied access.
- Success button text : Specify a text of the button that will allow visitors to enter the site.
- Failure button text : Specify a text of the button that will deny visitors from access to your site.
- Away button text : Specify a text of the button that will redirect visitors with denied acccess from your site to the site you specified in URL away.
Visual Popup Settings
The settings of this section allow a store admin to configure the design of the age verification form.
- Width : Set the width of a pop-up window in pixels.
- Height : Set the height of a pop-up window in pixels.
- Backround color : Select the background color for the pop-up window using the color palette.
- Background opacity : Set the value in percents.
- Age is setting : If a toggle is set to YES, visitors can specify their age in the pop-up. Alternatively, visitors choose between the options set with the help of the Success button text and Failure button text buttons.
The settings of this section allow a store admin to configure general settings.
- Minimum age : Set the minimum age of visitors allowed to enter your site.
- Popup enabled : If the toggle is set to YES, the Age Verification Pop-up displays in the storefront to the visitors.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.