page last edited on 16 November 2018
X-Cart’s addon Amazon Feeds allows merchants to export products and related data to Amazon to start selling there in order to gain new sales and extend customer pull.
To start using the addon, install it as described in Installing Addons from the Marketplace.
Prerequisites: To be able to use the addon Amazon Feeds, a merchant should be signed up with the Amazon Professional Seller plan that allows to create a developer account.
Amazon Feeds Addon Configuration and Setup
Once the addon has been installed and enabled, proceed to the addon settings page to configure the settings:
You will be automatically redirected to the Sales Channels -> Amazon section of your store’s Admin area where you will be able to proceed with the marketplaces’ configuration:
To add a new marketplace:
- Click the Configure new marketplace button.
You will see a screen titled New marketplace where you will need to specify your AWS account details:
To get the AWS account details:
- Open your Amazon Professional Seller account at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/.
- Add a developer to your seller account then authorise this developer.
- Copy and past your AWS Merchant ID, AWS Access Key ID and AWS Secret Key from this authorisation to the fields in the form in the X-Cart admin:
- Choose the country that corresponds with your Amazon account data.
- Click on the Get available marketplaces button to get the Marketplace field value.
Save the settings.
If everything is specified correctly the new marketplace will gain the Configured status automatically.
Select the export options for products and import options for orders for the configured marketplace:
To set up products export options:
Enable the Automatically sync X-Cart product updates to Amazon checkbox in the Products section.
The Automatically sync X-Cart product updates to Amazon option requires a special cron task set up on the server hosting your X-Cart store.
Select whether to update everything or inventory only in the drop-down.
If this is your first product import to Amazon choose first the ‘all’ option to submit all products info and change the value to ‘inventory’ afterwards to update the product inventory data only. If you already have products uploaded to Amazon and need to synchronize the inventory only choose the ‘inventory’ option.
- Save the configuration settings.
Add fields mapping for product properties that becomes available after the settings are saved.
For this purpose:
- Click the Add mapping link in the Products section.
- You’ll see a Fields mapping pop-up, where you can match the Amazon fields’ values (1st column) with the X-Cart fields’ values (2nd column)
- Choose the fields you want to match and click Create. You can add more than one mapping for a field.
- All mapped product properties will be automatically listed in the Products section.
Fields mapping is used for a proper info representation on Amazon.
If you map Amazon description field with both description and full description product properties in X-Cart, a product description on Amazon will inherit the information from the first not empty field found in X-Cart (either brief or full product description texts), but not both.
To set orders import options:
Enable the Automatically import orders checkbox in the Orders section.
The Automatically import orders option requires a special cron task set up on the server hosting your X-Cart store.
- Save the configuration settings.
Add fields mapping for shipping settings that becomes available after the settings are saved.
For this purpose:
- Click the Add mapping link in the Orders section.
- You’ll see a Shipping setting pop-up where you can map a particular Amazon shipping service with an X-Cart shipping method for a zone:
- All mapped shipping settings will be automatically listed in the Orders section:
- If necessary you can delete a shipping mapping by selecting the required positions and choosing the Delete selected items option for them.
In case shipping mapping is not configured all orders imported from Amazon will gain ‘Amazon shipping’ value as a shipping method automatically.
For configured shipping mapping shipping info in all orders imported from Amazon will be represented according to the maping rules set.
- Save all the configuration changes for the new marketplace.
All configured marketplaces are added to the Marketplaces list in the Sales channels -> Amazon section in the X-Cart admin area:
You can add as many marketplaces as many Amazon accounts you have.
Additional Import Rules
All products are exported from X-Cart and imported to Amazon according to the mapping rules specified in the Products export options section (Sales channels -> Amazon).
If you want to make additional mapping rules for some of your categories (applied to all products from this category) and/or products (applied to a particular product only) this can be done directly on the category/product details page.
For this purpose:
- Locate a category/product in question on the categories or products listing page in the admin area (Catalog -> Categories for categories and Catalog -> Products for products).
- Open the category/product details page and proceed to the Amazon category options / Amazon product options tab respectively:
Category details pageProduct details page
- In the Category and Category type drop-downs of the Main export options section select the Amazon category values that correspond with the category/product in question.
Amazon category and category type fields allow to set up a type of a product that will determine what particular product properties are added to the feed. If you add e.g. Clothing -> Dress mapping it will be possible to assign such product parameters as size, sleeve length, season, etc. to a product after it is exported to Amazon.
- Add a specific fields mapping if required.
- Click on the Add mapping link
- Match the Amazon fields’ values (1st column) with the X-Cart fields’ values (2nd column) in the Fields mapping pop-up
- Save the settings.
Category and product specific import rules are of the first priority during feed submission to Amazon.
In case the Automatically sync X-Cart product updates to Amazon and Automatically import orders options are enabled for a marketplace the feeds and the orders will be automatically submitted to and/or imported from Amazon provided that a corresponding cron task is configured on the server hosting your X-Cart store.
If you want to submit feeds to Amazon manually:
- Open the Sales channels -> Amazon section
- Select the marketplaces from the list (tick a checkboxes in front of a marketplace)
- Click Submit feeds button
- Choose the feeds to submit from the list in a pop-up
- Click the Submit feeds button
That’s it. The feeds are submitted the results being recorded in the Feed Submissions section.
To check the results click the View details button opposite the feed in question:
Amazon has strict limitations on amount of feed submissions per hour. Hence we recommend configuring automated feed submissions to avoid any possible confusion.
If you need to import orders manually select the marketplaces and click the Import orders button. Then click Start for the order import to begin.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.