Back in Stock Notifications: Installation and Setup
page last edited on 06 July 2018
To install the addon Back in Stock Notifications, follow the instructions from Installing addons from the X-Cart App Store.
Make sure that out-of-stock items are visible on the storefront, otherwise your customers will not be able to set up back in stock notification subscriptions for them. To enable the display of out-of-stock items, ensure that the setting How to show out of stock products on the Store setup -> Cart & Checkout page is set to either Show in all the sections or Show only in categories and search listings.
Once the addon has been installed, proceed to the addon settings page to configure the addon.
The addon settings page looks as follows:
Here you can adjust the following settings:
- Send Back in stock notifications every : Use this field to specify the frequency with which your store should send notifications to customers.
- Allow customers to subscribe to back in stock notifications : If this setting is enabled, your customers will be able to subscribe to back in stock notifications for products that have gone out of stock.
- Allow customer to specify the product quantity they want to buy : If this setting is enabled, your customers will be able to specify the quantity of product units they wish to buy. They will receive a notification only if the product inventory level is enough to cover their request.
- Allow customers to subscribe to price drop notifications : If this setting is enabled, your customers will be able to subscribe to price drop notifications for products.
- Allow customer to specify the price they want to pay : If this setting is enabled, your customers will be able to specify the price they are ready to pay for the product. They will receive a notification only if the price changes to meet the request.
After adjusting the settings, be sure to save the changes to make them active.
Also a cart admin can edit the back-in-stock and price drop notifications using the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
Email notifications can also be managed in the Store setup -> Email notifications section of the admin area.
To edit the notifications a cart admin should click either the Edit back in stock notification or Edit price drop notification link to be redirected to the notifications maintenance page.
Here the admin can enable/disable the notifications using the State ON/OFF trigger and change the message that is sent to the customers in the Text field if required. When the work is done it will be necessary to Save changes.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.