Back in Stock Notifications Module: Installation and Set-Up
page last edited on 06 July 2018
To install the Back in Stock Notifications module follow instructions from Installing addons from the Marketplace.
Make sure that the out-of-stock items are visible in the store, otherwise the customers won’t be able make a subscription. For this purpose check that the How to show out of stock products option on the Store setup -> Cart & Checkout page is set to either Show in all the sections or Show only in categories and search listings.
Once installed proceed to the module settings page to configure it.
The module settings page will look as follows:
Here you can define the following options:
- Send Back in stock notifications every : Use this field to specify the frequency of notifications that your store will send to customers.
- Allow customers to subscribe to back in stock notifications : When enabled the customers are able to subscribe to notifications of the products that are back in stock.
- Allow customer to specify the product quantity they want to buy : When enabled the customers are able to specify the quantity of product they what to buy. They will receive a notification only if the stock is enough to cover the request.
- Allow customers to subscribe to price drop notifications : When enabled the customes are able to subscribe to notifications of the price drop down for a product.
- Allow customer to specify the price they want to pay : When enabled the customers are able to specify the price they are ready to pay for a product. They will receive a notification only if the price changes to meet the request.
Don’t forget to Submit the changes to make them active.
Also a cart admin can edit the back-in-stock and price-drop-down notifications using the corresponding links at the bottom of the page.
Email notifications can also be managed in the Store setup -> Email notifications section of the admin area.
To edit the notifications a cart admin should click either the Edit back in stock notification or Edit price drop notification link to be redirected to the notifications maintenance page.
Here the admin can enable/disable the notifications using the State ON/OFF trigger and change the message that is sent to the customers in the Text field if required. When the work is done it will be necessary to Save changes.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.