Editing Booking-related Text Labels to Your Needs
page last edited on 28 December 2016
Originally, the addon “Booking” was designed for businesses that do rentals of accomodations like hotel rooms, apartments, villas and so on. For this reason, the language used by the addon may not suit other types of products as well. This, however, does not mean that you cannot use the addon for anything other than accomodation: the wording can be adapted by editing the text labels.
For example, let’s change the phrase ”Check dates (1-night stay)” shown in the screenshot below:
Do the following:
- In Admin, go to the Language labels section (Store setup > Translations) and select the Edit labels tab.
- If your store uses multiple languages, select the language in which you will be searching for the phrase. On our demo site, we have just one language, English, so we do not have to select anything - English is already selected.
- Use the filter at the top of the list of text labels to locate the label that needs to be edited. We’ll simply type in a part of the phrase - “night stay” - and click Search. X-Cart will search for the words you have entered and leave displayed only those labels that contain them. As you can see below, the label responsible for displying the phrase ”Check dates (1-night stay)” is titled ”Check dates (X-night stay)”:
- Click on the title of the label you would like to edit. The value of the selected label will be displayed below as editable:
- Change the wording as you require for all your languages. We’ll change the phrase
Check dates (<<nights>>-night stay)to
Rental period (<<nights>> day rental):
- Click Save changes.
After a page refresh, your site should now show the new phrase:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.