Call for Price Module
page last edited on 08 May 2018
The Call for Price module allows you to hide the price and “Add to cart” button for particular products and show a messsage instead. The module is included into the X-Cart Ultimate edition and is paid for X-Cart Business and Multivendor.
To install the module follow instructions from Installing addons from the Marketplace
Once enabled open the module Settings page if you need to change the default ‘Call for price’ message:
You’ll see a screen like this:
Here you can adjust the text that is displayed to your customers in your store frontend.
The default text will look as follows:
Enabling the ‘Call for Price’ option for products
The ‘Call for price’ option can be enabled:
- Per product:
- Choose the product you need fro the list (Catalog -> Products) and open the Product details page
- Locate the Prices section in the Info tab
- Turn ON the Call for price trigger above it
- Save the changes
- Per product variant
- Enable the ‘Call for price’ option for the product as described above
- Open the Variants tab of the Product details page
- Locate the Cart icon opposite the product variant
- Switch it to Call for price
- Save the changes
In case the ‘Call for price’ option is enabled not for all the variants available a customer will see it like this:
- Via ‘Bulk edit’:
- Open the Product listing page (Catalog -> Products)
- Mark the products you need
- Locate the Cart icon in the ‘Bulk edit’ palette in the bottom
- Switch to Call for price
- Save changes
- Via Import
- Follow the guides from How to import data and use the field callForPrice to enable the ‘Call for price’ option for a product and the field variantCallForPrice to enable the option for product variants.
When the ‘Call for price’ feature is enabled a customer will see it like this:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.