Request a Price & Hide Prices (former Call for Price)
page last edited on 08 May 2018
The Request a Price & Hide Prices addon allows you to hide prices and the “Add to cart” button for particular products as well as for certain customer groups in your store and show an info message instead.
In X-Cart 5.3.x and earlier the addon is named “Call for Price”.
Starting from X-Cart v188.8.131.52 the addon is renamed to “Request a Price and Hide Prices” and combines both the “Call for Price” and “Hide Prices” addons functionalities.
Installing and Configuring the Addon
To start using the addon make sure it is installed as described in Installing Addons from the X-Cart App Store
Once the addon has been enabled, open the addon settings page to adjust the messages that will be displayed to customers in the storefront and hide prices and checkout from a certain group of users if required:
The addon settings page allows to configure the following options:
- Call For Price tooltip : This setting defines the text that is displayed on the tooltip. The message can include a company phone number and email.
- Call For Price text (catalog) : This setting defines the text that is displayed on the product listing pages. The message can include a company phone number and email.
- Call For Price text (table view) : This setting defines the text that is displayed on the product comparison page. The message can include a company phone number and email.
Call For Price text (product) : This setting defines the text that is displayed on the product details page in the storefront. The message can include a company phone number and email.
To include a company phone number in a “request a price” message use the
[COMPANY_PHONE]system field. This adds a clickable phone number into the form and allows to call for price directly from that very page. The phone number will be displayed as defined in general settings.
To include a company email in a “request a price” message use the
[EMAIL_FORM]system field. This adds a clickable “Contact Us” link to the page and integrates it this way with the Advanced Contact Us Form addon. An email can also be added using the following code:
<a href=“mailto:****@gmail.com”>Contact via e-mail</a>
The default text will look as follows in the storefront:Product Listing PageProduct Details Page
- Disable checkout and hide prices from these customers : This setting allows to hide prices not on a per product basis, but for all products in a store at once and close checkout facilities for a group of users. When selecting from a drop-down with the predefined values, you can choose between “unregistered”, “registered, no membership” and “NAME_membership” groups and enable the feature for as many user groups as you need. The total amount of groups will depend on how memberships are configured in your store.
Once the messages are configured you can proceed to enabling the “request a price” option for products and product variants to make it visible in the storefront.
Enabling the ‘Request a Price’ Option for Products
The ‘Request a Price’ option can be enabled:
- Per product:
- Choose the product you need from the list (Catalog -> Products) and open the Product details page;
- Locate the Prices section in the Info tab:
- Turn ON the Call for price trigger above it;
- Save the changes.
- Per product variant
- Enable the ‘Call for price’ option for a product as described above;
- Open the Variants tab of the Product details page;
- Locate the Cart icon opposite the product variant:
- Switch it to Call for price;
Save the changes.
In case the ‘Call for price’ option is enabled not for all variants available a customer will see it like this:The “Call for price” option disabledThe “Call for price” option enabled
- Via ‘Bulk edit’:
- Open the Product listing page (Catalog -> Products);
- Select the products you need;
- Locate the Cart icon in the ‘Bulk edit’ palette in the bottom:
- Switch to Call for price;
- Save changes.
- Via Import
- Follow the guides from How to import data and use the field callForPrice to enable the ‘Call for price’ option for a product and the field variantCallForPrice to enable the option for product variants.
When the ‘Call for price’ feature is enabled a customer will see it like this:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.