Customer Files Uploads & Product Attachments
page last edited on 12 September 2018
The Customer Files Uploads & Product Attachments module adds a posibility to allow customers to attach files to a product before purchasing so that the store administrator could download those files when processing the order.
When installed and enabled proceed to the module settings page to configure it:
The “Customer Files Uploads & Product Attachments” module settings are as follows:
- Max number of files that can be attached : Specify the maximum number of files that can be attached to a product.
- Allowed file extensions : Enter file extensions separated by comma e.g. “jpg,txt,svg”.
- Max file size (MB). Set to “0” (zero) for unlimited : Define the maximum file size.
The upload_max_filesize and post_max_size PHP settings may impose their own limitations to the maximum size of the file uploaded, if they’re lower than the ones you specified in the store settings. To increase these parameters edit the php.ini file or contact your server administrator for assistance
Submit the settings to make them active and proceed to the product list page (Catalog -> Products) to enable customer file attachments for products.
To enable customer file attachments:
- Locate the product you want to allow attachments for and open the product details page
- Locate the Allow buyers to attach files to this product setting on the product details page and toggle it on:
- When enabled, select if file attachments should be mandatory for a product or not:
- Save the changes.
That’s it, file attachments are enabled for a product.
Now customers are able to see product file attachments both on the product quick view page and on the product details page:
If product attachments are mandatory a customer won’t be able to proceed to checkout without adding a file to the product he wants to order. Files attached will be registered and displayed on the cart page and in the customer invoice:
The store admin will be able to check and download the files attached to the product by a customer on the order details page (Orders -> Order list):
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.