Enabling and Configuring E-goods Module
page last edited on 02 May 2018
To enable the E-goods module follow the procedure decribed in Activating and deactivating addons
Once enabled proceed to the module Settings page:
You’ll see a screen as follows:
Here you’ll need to define the following settings:
- Download link TTL (days) : Set the value in a number of days a download link is available to customer. Set zero for unlimited access. If you are using Amazon Signed URLs, TTL is limited to 7 days.
- Downloads limit (per 1 ordered item) : Set the value in a number of download attempts available to customer. Set zero for unlimited access. If you are using Amazon Signed URLs, this settings controls the limit of link renewal, because it is impossible to control downloads on the Signed URL.
- Keep a history of downloads : Amazon S3 Signed URLs are counted per link access (not download), because X-Cart can not track downloads on the Amazon S3 Storage.
- Show only ESD related fulfilment statuses : With this option enabled, only 3 fulfilment statuses will be available: New, Delivered and Will Not Deliver. You can rename the statuses as you require using the Custom order statuses module
- Approve before providing access to download : If enabled a customer will get a download link for the product only after an order is paid and the order fulfilment status is changed from Waiting for approve to any other (except for Will not deliver). If disabled, a customer will get a download link as soon as the orders is paid, the order fulfilment status will be preset to NEW.
To facilitate the download of large file attachments (100 Mb and larger) by customers use X-Sendfile. For this contact your hosting provider to make sure X-Sendfile is installed on the server and configure your X-Cart installation to support large file downloads.
Alternatively use Amazon S3 Signed URLs.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.