Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads Addon Installation and Setup
page last edited on 13 June 2019
Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads addon Installation
To start using the addon Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads, you need to make sure it is installed and enabled.
General addon installation and activation instructions can be found in the section Managing addons of this manual.
Once the addon has been activated, a new section will become available in your store’s Admin area: Sales Channels > Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads.
Also, a new setting - Add to Facebook product feed - will be added for each of the products in your store’s catalog. You will find it in the Marketing section of the product details page. Note that this setting is enabled by default. All the products with the setting Add to Facebook product feed enabled will be added automatically to the product feed and uploaded to your Facebook Catalog.
Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads addon Setup
You can configure the addon settings in the Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads section of the store’s Admin area (Sales Channels > Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads).
This section can also be accessed via the Settings link in the My addons section:
To configure the addon, adjust the following settings:
- Make sure the addon Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads is installed and enabled. For the guides on installing or activating the addon, see the section Managing addons of this manual.
- Make sure you have a Facebook Business account. If you do not have a Facebook account yet, you can create it at https://www.facebook.com/business.
- Frequency of Product Feed renewal (hourly/daily/weekly): Specify how often you would like your product feed to be renewed.
- Include out of stock products into feed : Enable this option if you need the out-of-stock products to be included into the feed that is submitted to Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook Pixel ID : Specify your Facebook Pixel ID. If you do not have a Facebook Pixel ID yet, you can generate it as described at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755. Facebook Pixel will enable the tracking of such events as View Content/Search/Add to Cart/Initiate Checkout/Purchase, and you will be able to get stats on these events to work with sales funnel, ads conversion and so on.
Be sure to save your settings by clicking Save changes.
Now you can proceed to the product feed generation and upload to Facebook.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.