page last edited on 24 July 2018
This article assumes that the module FedEx has already been installed and activated at your store.
It also assumes that your store company address has been configured on the Contact information page (Store setup > Contact information). This address will be used as your store’s “Ship from” address when calculating shipping rates.
To start using the module, you need to configure it. The module configuration settings can be accessed using one of the following methods:
In the Shipping section of your X-Cart store’s Admin area (Store setup > Shipping), click the Add shipping method button: This brings up a popup where you will be able to select the shipping method you require.
On the Carrier-calculated rates tab within the popup, locate the icon/link for FedEx and click on it:
The settings page for FedEx module opens.
- In the My addons section of your store’s Admin area, locate the module FedEx and click on the Settings link next to its name:
The settings page for FedEx module opens.
To use FedEx Rating API, you need to register at FedEx.com with a User ID and Password. Once you have registered, you will need to obtain a set of credentials including a key, a password, an account number and a meter number that will allow you to use FedEx.com Rating API.
When you have all the required credentials you’ll need to fill in the following fields in accordance with your FedEx account data:
- FedEx authentication key: Specify your authentication key.
- FedEx authentication password Specify your password.
- FedEx account number: Specify the FedEx account number.
- FedEx meter number: Specify the FedEx meter number. A FedEx Meter Number is an identification number FedEx uses to pull your negotiated rates.
- Test mode: Turn the test mode on if you want to check the FedEx shipping processing before making it live.
- Enable debugging: This option enables logging of requests to the FedEx server and responses from it. The logs are saved to fedex.log files in the
Choose the preferred shipments and configure them in accordance with your business needs:
- FedEx Express (FDXE): Enable FedEx Express if you want to use this shipment.
- FedEx Ground (FDXG) : Enable FedEx Ground if you want to use this shipment. FedEx Ground delivers in 1–7 business days, based on distance to the destination.
- FedEx SmartPost (FXSP): Enable FedEx SmartPost if you want to use this shipment. FXSP picks up (or accepts drop shipments), provides line haul and delivers your packages to a USPS facility for final delivery by a postal carrier.
If enabled the following settings become available:
- Hub ID: Select your Hub ID.
- Indicia: Specify the indicia type.
- Rate request type: Select the type of the rates that will be used for shipments.
- Packaging: Select the type of packaging that will be used for shipments.
- Dropoff type: Select the type of drop off that will be used for shipments.
- Ship date (days): Set the number of days untill the order is shipped.
- Currency code: If the shipping currency is other than USD, specify it in this field.
- Currency rate: If the currency code specified above differs from the currency the store uses for payments, specify a conversion rate to convert the shipping cost returned by FedEx into your store’s currency. If the currencies are the same, leave this set to 1.
- Package dimensions (inches): Use these fields to define the default package size for FedEx shipments in inches (Length, Width, Height).
- Maximum package weight: Specify the top limit of package’s weight in lbs.
Select the special services for shipments if applicable.
Special services may imply extra fees from FedEx.
Cash on delivery
Here you can enable the cach on delivery option for your international and domestic shipments.
To enable the cash on delivery option for shippings you should first activate this option in the payments section (Store setup > Payment methods). Find FedEx in the Offline methods section and turn the cash on delivery option on.
Follow the link from the Note to find the payments section
Adjust the advanced options as you require. Note that not all FedEx Carrier Services support the advanced options, so please consult FedEx support before using them.
Advanced options may affect the shipping rates calculation and imply extra fees from FedEx.
Don’t forget to save the changes when the FedEx shipping configuration is complete.
FedEx Carrier Services
Once FedEx shipping is configured proceed to the Carrier Services tab (Store setup -> Shipping-> Fedex settings page) to limit the FedEx carrier services you want to use for shipment. The carrier services you choose will be available to your customers at checkout if they meet conditions from the FedEx Settings tab.
Here you can enable/disable FedEx carrier services, change the services sorting and apply tax classes to shipments if applicable.
Carrier services are sorted alphabetically by default. If you want to change the order of appearance drag-n-drop the methods to change sorting. Available shipping methods will be displayed to the customers at checkout in the very same order they are organized in the Carrier Services tab.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.