Pinterest Tag (via Segment Integration)
page last edited on 22 January 2019
X-Cart’s Pinterest Tag integration allows you to track actions people take on your website after viewing your Promoted Pin. You can use this information to measure campaign performance, optimize spend, and create audiences to target on Pinterest.
With this integration, X-Cart can submit data to Pinterest and get access to all the advantages it gives.
The Pinterest Tag integration is available via the Segment Integration addon facilities.
To be able to submit data to Pinterest, you need the addon Segment Integration installed, enabled and configured to collect data from your X-Cart store.
Also you need a Pinterest business account. If you do not yet have one, you can sign up here.
To configure Pinterest via Segment:
- Open the Segment back end.
- Click Add destination on the Segment Overview page:
- Choose Pinterest from the list:
- Click the Configure Pinterest Tag button to proceed further:
- Choose the source site the data to be transferred from:
- Follow the configuration procedures as described in Segment Docs
- Enable the Pinterest destination when you are done.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.