page last edited on 17 September 2020
To install the Price Countdown addon follow the instructions from the Installing Addons from the X-Cart App Store guide of our Knowledge Base.
Configuring the Addon Settings
When installed, proceed to the addon settings page by clicking the Settings link:
You will see a page like this:
Here you can enable/disable where the counter for a products displays in the storefront. Your options are as follows:
Display counter on sidebar
Display counter on cart page
Display counter on category listing page
In addition to the above three options, the counter always displays on the product details page in the storefront.
Enabling Counter for a Product
The Price Countdown addon adds the following settings to product details:
To enable the counter for a product:
- Open product details from the product listing page in your store Admin area (Catalog -> Products).
- Locate the Prices & Inventory section on the product details page.
- Set a sale price for a product as described here.
- Set the discount date range:
- Enable the sale start and expiration toggles.
- Click Update product at the bottom of the page.
Also, you can enable the counter for multiple products at once. For this purpose:
Select product for editing on the product listing page of your store Admin area (Catalog -> Products).
Click Bulk edit all and select Price and membership.
- On the “Bulk Edit Price And Membership” page adjust the following settings:
- Discount date range
- Start sale at discount start time
- End sale when discounts expire
In case the selected products are not on sale, adjust the related parameters as well as described here.
- Click Save changes.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.