Managing Product Reviews
page last edited on 23 April 2018
The Admin area of your store provides a dedicated section for product reviews - the Product reviews section (Catalog > Reviews). In this section you can view and manage all the reviews that have been created for the products in your store:
Reviews for individual products can also be viewed and managed via the Reviews tab of the product information page of the respective products:
This article covers:
- Understanding Product Review Information
- Filtering Product Reviews
- Deleting Product Reviews
- Handling Pending Product Reviews
- Editing Product Reviews
- Adding Product Reviews via the Admin Area
- Exporting Product Reviews
Understanding Product Review Information
In each of the above-named locations, product reviews are presented in a table. For each review, the following information is available:
- Product (This column is not provided on the Reviews tab of the product information page): Name of the product that was reviewed.
- Reviewer: Name (as specified by the user while creating the review) and email address of the user who submitted the review.
- Review: The beginning of the comment about the product that was submitted by the reviewer in the body of the review. To view the entire comment, click on the […] button on the line of the review.
- Rating: Star rating of the product as was specified by the reviewer.
- Status: Review publication status (Published = The review is available online; Pending = The review is on moderation, and the administrator has yet to approve the review for publication or to reject it).
- Date: Date on which the review was submitted.
- SEO (This column is provided only on the Reviews tab of the product information page): Whether the review should be included into the rich snippet shown for the page of the product when the page appears in search results by Google and other major search engines. More info: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/146750
Filtering Product Reviews
In the Product reviews section (Catalog > Reviews), a filter is provided above the Product reviews table allowing you to filter reviews and search for specific reviews based on product name, SKU, customer info, rating given by customer, review status, date range and so on.
Deleting Product Reviews
To delete a review, click on the Trash icon on the line of that review in the table, then click Save changes.
To delete multiple reviews, select the check boxes for those reviews and click the Trash button below the Product reviews table. Then confirm your wish to delete the selected reviews.
Handling Pending Product Reviews
To moderate a Pending review, click on the […] button on the line of that review, check if the review requires editing (the review can be edited right away) and click either Approve or Remove.
To moderate multiple reviews at the same time, select the check boxes for those reviews, click the Check button below the table and select the option you require from the expanded button menu (Approve selected will approve all the selected reviews and publish them on the product details page of the respective products; Unapprove selected will unpublish the selected reviews resetting their status from Published to Pending).
Editing Product Reviews
To edit a review, click on the […] button on the line of that review:
This opens the review for editing:
Edit the review as you require and click the button to save the changes (For reviews in the Published state, this will be the Update button; for reviews in the Pending state, the Approve button).
Adding Product Reviews via the Admin Area
To add a new review via the Admin area, click the Add review button above the table:
Then use the blank form for review creation to create a review and save the changes:
To export all reviews, click the Export all:CSV button below the Product reviews table.
To export just some specific reviews, use the filter to find the reviews you need to export, select the check boxes for those reviews and click the Export selected:CSV button below the table.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.