page last edited on 09 January 2019
X-Cart is integrated with Segment via a special free Segment Integration module. The integration provides access to such useful tools like Goole Analytics, Mixpanel, Pinterest Tags, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, Kissmetrics, etc.
To start using the module install it as described in Installing addons from the Marketplace.
When installed and enabled, create a free account with Segment.com in a separate tab, while keeping the X-Cart Segment Integration page open.
To create an account with Segment.com:
If you already have an account with Segment.com, sign in and add your X-Cart site as a source to Segment.
On the next page specify your business details and click Create A Free Account.
That’s it! You’ve created a free Segment account for your business. Don’t clise the Segment tab as you’ll need to proceed further from where you stopped.
Now you need to add your X-Cart site as a data source to Segment.
For this purpose:
Follow the Quickstart page that you’ll see next to account being created.
Click Cancel to exit the Quickstart and get access to your Segment back-end.
- Add your website as a data source in Segment back-end:
- Locate the Sources section and click Add Source:
- Click Connect in a pop-up:
- Enter your company name and the full URL of your X-Cart based store and click Add Source
- Proceed to the Settings tab to get the required API Key value:
- Find and copy the Write Key value in Settings -> API Keys section:
Open the ‘Segment Integration’ module settings page in your X-Cart admin area:
- Paste the Segment Write Key value in the field on the module settings page and click Submit:
You are all set! Segment is now collecting your website data.
Once Segment Integration is enabled and data collection starts you can add the services you need as Destinatons in the Segment back-end so that it passes the data collected from X-Cart to the respective service and process it there.
To add a Destination:
- Click Add destination on the Overview page in the Segment back-end (or proceed to the Destinations section and click the Add destination button there):
- Choose the required service from the Catalog:
- Proceed with the service set-up as described on the page.
- Wait for data to flow to the newly added system.
In case of any difficulties with the Segment back-end configuration you can always refer to Segment documentation for help.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.