SEO Health Check
page last edited on 22 October 2018
The SEO Health Check module is a tool for keeping track of common SEO tasks that need to be done on the site.
To install the module follow the general guidelines from Installing addons from the Marketplace.
When installed and enabled the module performs a series of tests and helps a store admin find SEO issues on the website.
To start testings proceed to the SEO Health Check tab of the SEO settings section (Store setup -> SEO settings):
By defaut the tab contains no info and a store admin can initiate a check by clicking the Perform SEO Health checks button:
It will take a while to analyze the store data and when the check is complete the results will be displayed on the same page:
The check results will provide recommendations on improving the store SEO performance and answer the following questions:
- Does your website use URLs that are search-engine friendly?
- Are there pages having non-unique titles on your website?
- Do the titles on the product, category, brand and text pages have the optimal length?
- Will the meta descriptions of these pages appear in search engines nicely?
- Has an “alt” attribute been specified for images displayed on these pages?
- Is Google Analytics used to track your website performance?
- Can search engines find an XML sitemap and a robots.txt file for your site? Are these files up to date?
- Does your site use the secure protocol?
It is recommended to run the tests from time to time in order to ensure that a website is ready for search engines.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.