Integrating Your Store with ShippingEasy
page last edited on 29 December 2016
X-Cart’s addon ShippingEasy requires the SEO-friendly URLs feature for correct operation, so be sure to enable SEO-friendly URLs at your X-Cart store before you proceed.
To integrate your X-Cart store with ShippingEasy, complete the following steps:
Go to the My addons section of your X-Cart store Admin area and make sure the addon ShippingEasy is installed and enabled.
Сlick the Settings link for ‘ShippingEasy’. You should now see the ShippingEasy addon settings page:
- At the top of the ShippingEasy addon settings page you should be able to see a link that says View details and get your API credentials here. If you do not yet have an account with ShippingEasy, you can follow this link to sign up. For detailed information on creating a ShippingEasy account, see the How to create a ShippingEasy account guide on the ShippingEasy website.
- To complete the integration of your X-Cart store with ShippingEasy, you will need access to both your X-Cart store’s Admin area and your ShippingEasy account settings, so be sure to keep both the sites open in your web browser tabs. For a production ShippingEasy account, to access your account settings, use the URL https://app.shippingeasy.com/settings, for a staging account -https://staging.shippingeasy.com/settings.
- (Skip this step if you have already configured your X-Cart store’s settings in ShippingEasy during registration): Add your X-Cart store to the list of stores in your ShippingEasy account:
In the Settings section of your ShippingEasy account, click on the Stores link under Integrations:
Click the “+ Add New“ button on the right-hand side of the screen: This opens a screen where you will be able to provide the details of your X-Cart store:
- From the Platform drop-down box, select X-Cart. In the Store URL field below, enter your X-Cart store’s URL.
- Click Save.
- Enter the required store settings and click Save at the bottom of the page. This creates an entry for your X-Cart store in your list of stores in ShippingEasy:
- Configure the ShippingEasy addon in X-Cart:
- From the details of your X-Cart store in ShippingEasy (Settings > Stores), copy the Store API Key:
- Switch back to the browser tab where you are using X-Cart and paste the value you have just copied into the Store API Key field on the ShippingEasy module configuration page.
- Back in the browser tab with ShippingEasy, click on the Settings tab, then click on the API Credentials link under Account Settings: Your API Key and API Secret will be displayed:
- Copy and paste these values one by one into the API Key and API Secret fields on the ShippingEasy addon settings page in your X-Cart store.
- If you are a third party developer using a staging ShippingEasy account, select the Staging account option on the ShippingEasy addon settings page in X-Cart. For production use, leave theStaging account check box unselected.
- Click the Apply changes button at the bottom of the ShippingEasy addon settings page in X-Cart to save the module configuration.
Make sure the ShippingEasy addon is enabled:
(X-Cart’s general addon activation instructions can be found in the article Activating and Deactivating Addons).
That is all. You have completed integrating your X-Cart store with ShippingEasy. The next step will be to map your X-Cart order statuses to order statuses in ShippingEasy, after which the addon will be fully ready to use.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.