Special Offers: Buy X Get Y
page last edited on 19 January 2018
The addon Special Offers: Buy X Get Y gives your customer a discount if their shopping cart contains a certain number of items. These can be any items from your store or just items from a specific category/subcategory. The customer does not need any type of promo code to get the discount. You simply create a special offer in your X-Cart store’s Admin area defining what kind of items (and how many of them) a customer needs to buy to get the discount, and what kind of discount they will get. As soon as a customer adds the required number of said items to their shopping cart, the special offer is applied to their cart automatically, and they can see the order totals with the discount applied. If necessary, you can set additional conditions for the offer; for example, you can configure your offer in such a way that only certain groups of custmers (membership levels) will have access to it.
Here is how you can get started using the addon ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’:
- Make sure the addon ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’ is installed and enabled at your store.
- In your X-Cart store Admin area, visit the page ‘Special Offers’ where you will create and manage your special offers. Find out how to create a new ‘Buy X Get Y’ special offer by studying the following section:
- If you are going to create special offers that will be available not to everyone, but just to certain groups of customers (“membership levels”), be sure to configure the respective membership levels.
- To get a better idea of how special offers work, be sure to have a look at the two pre-configured special offer samples that come with the addon:
Disable or remove the above-mentioned special offer samples or edit their configuration to use them as your own offers.
- Decide whether you want to advertise your special offers via a dedicated page in the storefront area of your store - the Special offers page. If you do, make sure your store visitors are provided with a link to this page.
- Add more offers and manage the existing offers as you require via the Special Offers page in the Admin area.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.