Managing Special Offers
page last edited on 30 April 2020
An X-Cart store with one of the special offer addons installed and enabled provides a special section of the store back end where you can create and manage special offers: ‘Special Offers’ (Discounts > Special offers).
See below for instructions on how to create and manage special offers.
Add a Special Offer
To add a special offer:
- On the Special Offers page (Discounts > Special offers), select from the New offer drop-down box the type of offer you would like to add and click Create.
- On the page that opens, adjust the special offer configuration settings to provide the offer details.
- Click Create.
The order will be added.
For more info on the special offer configuration settings, see:
Edit a Special Offer
To edit an existing special offer:
- On the Special Offers page (Discounts > Special offers), click on the name of the offer you want to edit.
- On the page that opens, adjust the offer details.
- Click Update to save your changes.
The offer will be saved with the updated details.
Enable/Disable a Special Offer
Information about a special offer is visible on the storefront if the offer is active (enabled) and not visible if it is inactive (disabled).
You can view the status of all your special offers on the Special Offers page (Discounts > Special offers). Every offer has a status button that shows its current status:
If an offer is enabled, the button is green. If it is disabled, the button is grey.
To change the status of a special offer:
- Click the status button to switch the offer status.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen.
The status will be changed.
Rearrange the Order of Special Offers
The order of special offers in the list on the Special Offers page (Discounts > Special offers) affects the order in which these orders are sorted on the storefront and the order in which they are applied to orders if more than one offer can be applied to the same order.
You can rearrange the order of your special offers using the drag-n-drop feature: Be sure to click Save changes to save any changes you have made. The new order will be applied.
Delete a Special Offer
You can permanently remove any existing special offers that you no longer need. To do so:
On the Special Offers page (Discounts > Special offers), click the Trash button on the line of the offer you want to remove. The offer will be marked for deletion.
Click Save changes.
The offer will be removed.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.