Special Offers: Spend X Get Y
page last edited on 17 January 2018
The addon Special Offers: Spend X Get Y works with a cart subtotal and gives a customer a discount if a certain subtotal is met. Unlike regular discounts or sales the addon encourages customers to spend from a certain sum to win a price. The Spend X Get Y offer is especially good when you need to force sales regardless of particular SKUs.
Here is how you can get started using the addon ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’:
- Make sure the addon ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’ is installed and enabled at your store.
- In your X-Cart store Admin area, visit the page ‘Special Offers’ where you will create and manage your special offers. Find out how to create a new ‘Buy X Get Y’ special offer by studying the following section:
- If you are going to create special offers that will be available not to everyone, but just to certain groups of customers (“membership levels”), be sure to configure the respective membership levels.
- To get a better idea of how special offers work, be sure to have a look at the two pre-configured special offer sample that comes with the addon:
Disable or remove the above-mentioned special offer sample or edit its configuration to use it as your own offer.
- Decide whether you want to advertise your special offers via a dedicated page in the storefront area of your store - the Special offers page. If you do, make sure your store visitors are provided with a link to this page.
- Add more offers and manage the existing offers as you require via the Special Offers page in the Admin area.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.