U.S.P.S. Shipments via Pitney Bowes
page last edited on 17 December 2018
If U.S.P.S. delivery is set-up via Pitney Bowes services a store admin can create shipments to get an order tracking number and shipping label to attach them to the order.
First of all, a store admin should open the order details page (Orders -> Orders list) and locate the USPS shipments tab there:
The USPS shipments tab allows the store admin to specify the shipment details and if required add extra shipping options:
The settings of the Create Shipment section:
- Method name : A name of a shipping method chosen for the order. The shipping method can be changed in the General info tab of the Order details page.
- Parcel type : The parcel type is defined in the Domestic USPS section of the USPS module settings page.
- Weight (lbs) : The weight is displayed automatically based on the Weight field value specified for the product in the Shipping section of the product details page.
- Dimensions (in) : Dimentions are defined in the Common options section of the USPS module settings page.
- Irregular parcel girth : Required for large size and if the package is non-rectangular or variable.
Special services : Choose the services applicable to the order. You won’t be able to create shipments without this option defined.
- Label format : Choose the preferred shipping label format.
- Label size : Choose the preferred shipping label size.
The settings of the Shipment options section:
- Hide total carrier charge : Hide the carrier shipping charge on the label
- Non delivery option : Use this field for instructions in case the package is not delivered.
- Print custom message 1 : This is a user specified message that gets printed on the face of the label. A string of up to 50 characters can be printed on the label.
- Print custom message 2 : This is a user specified message that gets printed on the bottom of the label. A string of up to 50 characters can be printed on the label.
- Shipping label sender signature : Adds the sender’s signature and the date on CN22 and CP72 shipping labels. Enter the signature as a string. The Sender’s signature date is automatically populated.
Click Create shipment after all options have been specified.
Shipment info is displayed at the top of the USPS Shipments tab and looks as follows:
- Shipment ID contains the general shipping info (date, shipping method name, package weight and size)
- Order tracking number is also automatically added to the general info tab
- Delivery cost
Using the shipment tab a store admin can:
Print a shipping label
- Update tracking info
- Void shipment
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.