Adding products and categories to your WordPress blog
page last edited on 27 December 2016
You do not need programming knowledge to add ecommerce blocks with product or category information from your X-Cart based site to your WordPress blog.
Adding a category or a product to a blog post is “cut and paste” easy:
- In your X-Cart store’s back end, locate the product or category that you want to show on your WordPress blog.
- Open the details of this product or category. Provided that the module has been installed successfully, you should now be able to see a new tab added to the product/category deails page - WP code:
- Select the WP code tab. On the page that opens you should now see a bit of code like the following:
- Click on the code (this will allow you to select it).
- Copy the code to clipboard.
- In a new browser tab or window, go to your WordPress blog admin interface where you create and edit your blog posts.
- Locate the post in which you want to embed the selected product or category and select to edit it.
- Paste the code you have copied from the WP code tab of the product/category details in X-Cart into this post in WordPress.
- Save the post.
Now check the post in your WordPress blog; you should be able to see the product or category displayed in it.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.