Adding products and categories to your WordPress blog
page last edited on 27 December 2016
The module X-Cart 5 to WordPress Integration support has been discontinued. If you wish to sell products via your blog, we recommend the module Buy button; it enables you to add product widgets with the Buy button right into your blog posts. If, however, you are interested in adding a Wordpress blog into your X-Cart online store, then consider the Blog System in X-Cart 5 addon.
You do not need programming knowledge to add ecommerce blocks with product or category information from your X-Cart based site to your WordPress blog.
Adding a category or a product to a blog post is “cut and paste” easy:
- In your X-Cart store’s back end, locate the product or category that you want to show on your WordPress blog.
- Open the details of this product or category. Provided that the module has been installed successfully, you should now be able to see a new tab added to the product/category deails page - WP code:
- Select the WP code tab. On the page that opens you should now see a bit of code like the following:
- Click on the code (this will allow you to select it).
- Copy the code to clipboard.
- In a new browser tab or window, go to your WordPress blog admin interface where you create and edit your blog posts.
- Locate the post in which you want to embed the selected product or category and select to edit it.
- Paste the code you have copied from the WP code tab of the product/category details in X-Cart into this post in WordPress.
- Save the post.
Now check the post in your WordPress blog; you should be able to see the product or category displayed in it.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.