Configuring the Connection in the X-Payments Back End
page last edited on 31 October 2017
This section covers what needs to be done on the X-Payments end when you configure the connection between X-Payments v1.x-3.x and an X-Cart 5 based online store.
Note that after completing the steps in this section you will also need to configure the connection in the Admin area of your X-Cart 5 store.
Please be aware that to be able to use X-Payments with your X-Cart store you will need an X-Payments account. Such an account can be created using the link https://www.x-payments.com/trial-demo.html. Note that this type of account is different from X-Payments Cloud account and cannot be used for X-Payments Cloud.
To configure the connection, follow the steps below:
Log in to your X-Payments as administrator.
- Provide X-Payments with data required to connect to your chosen payment gateway:
- In the X-Payments back end, go to the ‘Payment Configurations’ page (Settings -> Payment configurations):
- From the New configuration drop-down box, select the payment addon that X-Payments should use to connect to the payment gateway that will process your X-Cart 5 store payment transactions.
- Click Add.
- On the page that opens, enter all the required configuration parameters.
- Click Save to save the changes. You have created a payment configuration.
- Make sure the payment configuration you have created is enabled.
- Provide X-Payments with data required to connect to your X-Cart 5 store:
- In the X-Payments back end, go to the ‘Online Stores’ page (Settings -> Online stores).
- Click Add new store.
- On the page that opens, enter your X-Cart 5 store name, store title and order prefix. Specify the templates that you would like to use for the payment pages in your X-Cart 5 store (a template for laptop and desktop users, a template for mobile users and a template for users who have 3-D Secure protection enabled). Specify the payment configuration you would like to use for this store (Select the payment configuration you have configured at the previous step).
- Click Save to save the changes.
- Make sure the online store is enabled.
You have completed configuring the connection in X-Payments. Now you can configure the connection in the Admin area of your X-Cart 5 store.
Before you proceed, please pay attention to the Connection section on the right-hand side of the page with your X-Cart 5 store’s details in X-Payments. Here you should be able to see the so called configuration bundle for your X-Cart 5 store:
The configuration bundle provides a quick method to deploy X-Payments connection settings in your X-Cart 5 store. You will need this bundle when you will be configuring the connection in your X-Cart 5 Admin area. For now, simply click the Copy button to copy the bundle to clipboard so you have it at the ready when it is time to paste it on the X-Cart 5 end.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.