Multi-Vendor Setup and Maintenance
page last edited on 16 October 2016
The Multi-vendor addon for X-Cart 5 is the core component of X-Cart Multivendor: it modifies a single seller X-Cart store transforming it into a marketplace that can be used simultaneously by multiple sellers (vendors). In X-Cart Multivendor, this addon is enabled out of the box. Due to the limitations of its architecture, this addon may not be disabled.
With Multi-vendor, store setup and configuration is shared between the store administrator and vendors (a sub-type of administrator account with specific permissions); the specific features and settings available to these users depend on the mode in which the addon is set to work. Two modes are available: “Warehouse” and “Vendors as separate shops”. The mode setting is configured by the store administrator. It defines whether the goods purchased by a customer will be shipped from a single warehouse location common to all the store’s vendors or from vendors’ separate warehouses, whether shipping configuration will have to be done by the store administrator or by the vendors, as well as what the shopping cart will look like at checkout. It also affects the way orders are processed in the store. In the “Warehouse” mode, vendors have a read-only access to the part of the order that contains only their products. In the “Vendors as separate shops” mode, each of the vendors gets their own order and has full access to its details (can edit the order, change order statuses, and add tracking numbers).
Regardless of the mode in which the addon is set to work, the store administrator is responsible for managing vendor profiles, defining the size of vendor commissions, supervising all the products created by the vendors (or by himself, as he himself can also add and sell products like a regular vendor), as well as configuring payment methods and taxes for vendors.
Vendors in their turn can maintain their personal profile, create and manage their own products and product attributes, create coupons and discounts that will be applied to the products of this very vendor, export and import their own products via CSV, accept payments and set up shipping (if the store is configured to run in the “Vendors as separate shops” mode).
In this section:
- Multi-vendor: Admin Experience
- Multi-vendor Beginner’s Guide for Admin
- Configuring the Multi-vendor Addon
- Managing Vendor Access Permissions
- Managing the Vendor Registration Page
- Managing Multi-vendor Email Notifications
- Managing Vendors
- Managing Vendor Profile Information as an Administrator
- Supervising the Product Catalog
- Setting Vendor Commissions
- Vendor Payouts and Tracking the Flow of Money to and from the Vendors
- Viewing Vendor Statistics
- Multi-vendor: Vendor Experience
- Multi-vendor Beginner’s Guide for Vendors
- Vendor Registration
- Managing Vendor Profile Information as a Vendor
- Managing the Catalog as a Vendor
- Vendor Access to Product Classes and Attributes
- Managing Shipping Methods as a Vendor
- Vendor Access to Orders and Statistics
- Vendor Import/Export
- Requesting a Payout of One’s Earnings as a Vendor
- Multi-vendor: Customer Experience
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.