Multi-vendor: Admin Experience
page last edited on 17 November 2017
A store administrator in a Multivendor based store is responsible for the initial marketplace configuration and general maintenance depending on the mode the “Multi-vendor” addon is configured to work in. The multivendor mode can be set either to “Warehouse” or “Separate shops for vendors” depending on the choice of a store administrator. The mode defines the way the delivery options are configured and maintained in the store. It also affects the way the orders are placed and processed further.
Regardless of the mode, the store administrator in a Multivendor based store is responsible for managing vendors’ profiles, defining the commissions size for vendors, supervising all products created either by him or by any vendor and well as configuring payment methods and taxes available for vendors.
In this manual, by “administrator” we mean the store owner/storefront operator or an agent acting on their behalf and represented by an X-Cart store user with the access level “Administrator” and the role “Administrator”.
In this section:
- Multivendor Edition Guide for Admin
- Configuring the Multi-vendor Addon
- Managing Vendor Access Permissions
- Managing the Vendor Registration Page
- Managing Multi-vendor Email Notifications
- Managing Vendors
- Managing Vendor Profile Information as an Administrator
- Supervising the Product Catalog
- Setting Vendor Commissions
- Vendor Payouts and Tracking the Flow of Money to and from the Vendors
- Viewing Vendor Statistics
- Managing Vendor Ratings
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.