Secure Trading: Installation and Setup
page last edited on 01 August 2018
To enable Secure Trading as a payment method in your X-Cart store, add it to the list of your store’s active payment methods:
In your X-Cart store’s Admin area, go to the Payment methods page (Store setup > Payment methods). In the section for Online methods, click Add payment method:
In the popup box that appears, find the Secure Trading method and select to Add this method:
If the Secure Trading payment is not installed in your X-Cart store at the time of adding the method, there will be an Install button instead of Add: Use this button to install the payment integration addon and add the method.
You will be redirected to the payment settings page to configure it:
Here you will need to define the following settings:
- Site reference : Specify the unique reference that you received when signed up with Secure Trading.
- Site security Password : Specify the password for your site reference in this field.
Web service login : Specify your web service login
To get your web service login sign in to MyST and add a user with role “Webservices” to your account:
- Navigate to MyST sign-in page. Sign in using your provided username & password.
- Click “Add new username” from the left side-menu.
- Fill in the following fields (all required).
- Username : Web Services usernames are email addresses that can have a maximum length of 255 (maximum of 64 characters before the”@” symbol).
- New password : Set up a pasword.
- Role : Ensure you select “Webservices” for the role.
- Valid IP networks : In the interest of security, you are required to enter your system’s IP (or range of IPs) in this field. Secure Trading will only accept Web Services requests originating from this IP. This means that even if your Web Services credentials have been compromised, requests cannot be performed without access to your IP network. Multiple IP addresses can be separated with either a semicolon (;) or a comma (,). Ranges of IPs may be specified by using a netmask in the format 126.96.36.199/8.
- Role if invalid IP : must be set to “Prevent login”
- Web service password : Specify the password defined on the previous step.
- Prefix for transaction id : If you use the same account to accept payments from more than one X-Cart stores, use this field to set an invoice number prefix for this store. The prefix will serve as an identifier of the store and will help you to avoid errors of the “duplicate invoice number” type. It’s recommended to limit the length of invoice prefix to 9 characters. Larger prefixes will be cut prior to transaction initialization.
Auth Method : Select the auth method.
Mastercard Europe have mandated that Mastercard and Maestro transactions processed with certain European acquiring banks must be flagged as either pre-authorisation or final authorisation. Such transactions are subject to acquirer-specific conditions. We recommend that you contact your acquirer for information on whether this mandate applies to your configuration and to clarify whether to process your transactions as pre-authorisations or final authorisations. Selecting PRE for Auth Method will also flag VISA transactions as PRE. Note that VISA does not support the FINAL option.
Save the configuration settings.
The payment method is added to the list:
If necessary add the payment description or change the payment name in the Sorting&Description tab of the Store setup -> Payment methods section in the Admin area.
The payment position at checkout will be the same as set on this page, i.e. if this is the first active payment method it will be shown first at checkout.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.