PayPal Partner Hosted with PCI Compliance
page last edited on 19 September 2018
PayPal Partner Hosted with PCI Compliance can be enabled in an X-Cart based store via the addon PayPal by X-Cart team.
Here’s how to start accepting payments with PayPal Partner Hosted with PCI Compliance:
Make sure the addon PayPal is installed and enabled in your X-Cart store.
In your X-Cart store’s Admin area, go to the Payment methods page (Store setup > Payment methods). In the section for Online methods, click Add payment method:
In the popup box that appears, find the method PayPal Partner Hosted with PCI Compliance and click Add opposite this item.
(If this method has already been added previously, choose Settings.)
The payment method will be added.
Once the payment method has been added, configure its settings:
Your account settings:
- Partner name: Partner ID of the partner that signed you up for the account. If you signed up directly through PayPal, this will be “PayPal”.
- Merchant login: The merchant login name that you chose when you signed up for the service.
- User: The username that you have set up for running transactions. If you have not specifically set up a username to run transactions, then this will be the same as the “Merchant login”.
- Password: The password for the user account denoted in the “User” field.
- Transaction type (Auth and Capture or Auth only): The type of initial transaction.
- Test/Live mode: PayPal operating mode. (‘Live’ should be selected for live stores, ‘Test’ - for testing.)
- Order id prefix: A prefix that will help you to identify a payment transaction as originating from this X-Cart store.
Click Save changes at the bottom of the page to save your configuration settings.
You can control the status of your PayPal Partner Hosted with PCI Compliance method via the Payment methods page (Store setup > Payment methods). Make sure the payment method is active:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.