Price and Weight Modifiers
page last edited on 15 July 2019
Attribute options for multi-value product attributes can be configured as price and/or weight modifier options that will increase or decrease the price and/or weight of the product (the product’s weight affects the shipping cost).
Here’s an example of a price modifier option that allows customers purchasing a denim jacket to add an embroidery for an additional $10 per unit:
Here’s what it looks like on the storefront:
If the check box “Add embroidery? (+ $10.00)” is selected the product price changes respectively:
To configure attribute optios as price/weight modifiers:
- Hover your cursor over the field displaying the attribute option that you want to add a price and/or weight modifier to. A link titled Modifiers is revealed:
- Click on the Modifiers link. This displays a popup panel allowing you to specify the price and/or weight modifier this option will be altered by if chosen:
- Use the Price and/or Weight field(s) on the popup panel to specify the modifier values you require.
- If you are editing product-class or global attributes choose whether you want to apply the changes locally or globally.
- Click Save changes: The settings will be saved.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.