Assigning Product Classes to Products
page last edited on 14 July 2019
To show that a certain product belongs to a certain product class, you need to go to the product’s details and assign the product class to it.
To assign a product class to a product:
- In your store’s Admin area, find the product to which you want to assign a product class, open its details and click on the Attributes tab. We will do this to a product named “Critter Print Melamine Plate 10 inch Set of 4, Orange Cat” (In this example we will assign the product class “Plates” to it):
- On the page that opens, click the Global link to access the subsection where you can manage the product’s global and product class attributes:
- On the page that opens, you will see whether the product already has a product class assigned. In our case, no product class is assigned. To assign a new class, click the Change button: This will expand a section with a drop-down box titled Product class:
- From the list in the Product class drop-down box, select the name of the product class you would like to assign (If an appropriate product class has not yet been created, select the New product class item to add it):
- Click the Save changes button to apply the selected product class name: The product class will be assigned to the product:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.