Adding video to product or category description
page last edited on 08 February 2018
You can easily add videos to category/product descriptions. To add a video to the description of a category or a product, follow the steps below:
- In your store’s back end, open the details of the product or category to which you want to add a video.
- On the WYSIWYG editor panel at the top of the Description field, find a Video icon and click on it. A pop-up window will be displayed allowing you to specify the source of the video that needs to be inserted into the description.
- A video file can be uploaded either via a URL, or via an embeded code or uploaded from your computer/server. We’ve added a video via a URL in our sample:
- Click INSERT to add the video into the description. The video will be inserted into the description:
- Click on the video to edit its representation, if required.
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the page to save the details of the product or category you have been editing. The changes will be saved.
Now if you find the category or product you have edited in the Customer front end, you should be able to see the video you have added as part of the description.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.