Editing Category Details
page last edited on 13 February 2019
After creating a category or subcategory, you need to make sure that it is properly configured to display all the neseccary information to your customers.
To edit a category:
- Open the Categories section in the store admin area (Catalog -> Categories)
- Locate the category you need to edit and click on the category name.
Use the fields in the Category Info tab to provide information about the category. The only required fields are Category name and Parent category.
Category information that can be specified:
- Category name: The name by which you and your customers will identify this category.
- Parent category: The category to which this category belongs (if it’s a subcategory). If this is a main category let it belong to the root category (i.e. to be displayed on the home page).
- Show category title: Choose if you want the category to be visible or hidden from customers.
- Category image: Use this section to add an image of the category.
- Top banner: Use this section to add a banner of the category. If you need to edit the banner representation, see How to change the height of the top category banner.
- Description: A category description that will be displayed on the category details page. If you need to add a video to the category description, see Adding a video to product or category description.
- Clean URL: The category page Clean URL (for SEO purposes).
- Category page title: The title to be used in the title bar of this category details page (for SEO purposes). If the field is left blank the category name will be used as Page Title.
- Meta keywords: The keywords to be used in the keywords META tag on the category page (for SEO purposes).
- Meta description: The description to be used in the description META tag on the category page (for SEO purposes).
- Open Graph meta tags: The custom META tags for sharing the category page on Facebook.
- Memberships: Membership levels to which this category should be available. Non-members and users belonging to other membership levels will not be able to see the category on the storefront.
- Enabled: Whether the category should be displayed on the storefront. Uncheck this option to temporarily remove the category from the storefront (Store visitors will not be able to see it).
- Classes for product filter: Define what attributes will be included into the product filter block on a category page in the store front-end
- Click Update to save the changes.
That’s it! Your category is configured. Now you can proceed to populating it with the products.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.