Adding a Video to Product or Category Description
page last edited on 08 February 2018
You can easily add videos to category/product descriptions.
To add a video to the description of a category or a product, follow the steps below:
- In your store’s Admin area, open the details page of a product or category to which you want to add an image.
- Locate the “Description” field in the Info tab of the details page and click the Insert video icon. A pop-up window will display allowing you to specify the source of the video that needs to be added to the description.
- Select a source for your video and follow the flow. You can use one of the three ways for this purpose:
- Insert video by URL;
- Use embedded code to add video;
- Upload a video file from your computer.
We’ve added a video by URL in our sample:
- Click INSERT to add the video into the description.
- Click on the video to edit its representation, if required.
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the page to save the details of the product or category you have been editing. The changes will be saved.
Now if you check the storefront for the category or product you have edited, you should be able to see the video you have added as part of the description.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.