page last edited on 27 February 2019
By default X-Cart supports two types of currencies - transactional currency and display currency.
Transactional (or default) currency is the currency in which the prices and all product-related costs in the store are set and kept in the database and in which all transactions are processed in X-Cart.
Display currency is the currency in which prices are displayed to customers in the storefront. X-Cart can have different display currencies set up, provided the Multicurrency addon is installed and enabled. Otherwise, all prices and product related costs are displayed in the default currency configured in the store.
To configure your store’s default currency settings:
Go to the Currency page of your store’s Admin area (Store setup > Localization).
- Use the settings in this section to adjust the default currency parameters for your country:
- Hide trailing zeros in fractional part : If this option is enabled, the zeros in the fractional part will be hidden for prices with decimals, e.g. a price of $1234.00 will be displayed as $1234; at the same time, a price of $1234.56 will be displayed as is - $1234.56.
- Store currency : Select the currency you want to use in your store from the list.
- Format : Set the appropriate format of the prices representation.
- Prefix : The field is defined automatically based on the chosen Store currency field value.
- Suffix : The field is defined automatically based on the chosen Store currency field value.
- Click Save changes to submit the currency settings.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.