Localizing Your Store
page last edited on 27 September 2016
X-Cart software can be downloaded either in a US or UK installation pack, that determines not only the language of the user interface after the software is installed, but the default country settings as well (default customer and admin addresses). The store language and the default addresses are, actually, not the only parameters that need to be configured to adapt your X-Cart software installation to your specific locale or market. In addition, the localization process typically includes the following steps:
- Adapting the graphics to your target markets;
- Modifying the store content to suit the tastes and consumption habits of your target markets;
- Adapting the design and layout to properly display the translated text;
- Converting to local requirements (such as currencies and units of measure);
- Using proper local formats for dates, addresses, and phone numbers;
- Addressing local regulations and legal requirements.
The aim of localization is to give a site the look and feel of having been created specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
In this section:
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub.